Thursday 8 April 2010

Wikipedia

I have used Wikiedia before many times, although not for academic research, just idle pondering about people, things, events and places. I would certainly say that it should not be presented as an entirely accurate or reliable source, it certainly brings people and their knowledge together. In some ways, I think it is quite sweet as it lets people who are really knowledgeable (or obsessed!) with their topic have a contribution on such a widely used resource. I think that the references would make a good starting point for someone doing academic research who wanted to see what resources are out there. I found the pages about Wikipedia really interesting, especially the details about editing etc. It is something that I enjoy using, although it can get addictive, what with related things being only a click away!

No comments:

Post a Comment