Thursday 8 April 2010

Wiki

I was completely ignorant about wikis until Thing 17, so this was a steep learning curve. When I first checked out the recommended link, the first thing I noticed was the flashing message congratulating me on being the nth visitor to the site (I am so lucky; I am always 'selected' to win those prizes!) Anyway, I signed up using my Twitter account and have been looking around the site. I was really interested in the case studies section, where I was reading about lots of different types of library and the web 2.0 technology that they are utilising. I was unsure about editing, so I did some OULS spotting instead. I have to say that I haven't found anything to change yet, probably as I am lagging so far behind on this project! I can see that this is an excellent way to share information and experience, and it could obviously be used as a tool for group based projects. Aside from the annoying adverts, it was great; very simple to use and I didn't need to create another password.

No comments:

Post a Comment