Tuesday 6 April 2010

Twittering on Twitter

I have successfully tweeted, but am so far behind that everyone else seems to have been and gone, so I replied to a recent post and am hoping that counts, as I did start a conversation! It didn't say that the person has to reply... Twitter was ok, although again I am not sure that it is something that I would regularly check on. When selecting things that I want to follow, it took me ages to trawl through American sites/links and I gave up quite quickly, having selected a couple of things to follow. Once I actually got started, it was great and I used the #ox23 tag as a way of finding fellow library people to tweet to as well as following their converstions about the 23 Things programme. I can see that this would be good for updating readers about revised closing times etc but the limited character space means that one message could become long and tiresome. (This said, the tweets by the History Faculty Library are clear and to the point). I remain to be convinced, but it is fun at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment