Friday 26 March 2010

Facebook

As this is another Thing that I use fairly regularly, this was very easy for me to use and report back on. Initially I joined Facebook to keep in contact with friends/family whom I don't get to see very often. I quickly got hooked, and then after the initial flurry of excitement generated by sending hatching eggs etc to my friends, it kind of levelled out. I am still using it but have much less time to go on there now, which some might say is a good thing!
I am also using it for educational purposes, as I am a fan of Nuffield College Library, where one of my best friends works. I think that this is a brilliant resource for libraries, as there are regular posts about new books/courses/lectures and great links to resources like JStor and WorldCat as well as Solo, Oxlip+ and e-journals. Also, unlike individual library webpages, the format of Facbook library pages is standardised so fishing around for information is not such a problem. All in all, I think that there is a lot to be said for Facebook and libraries, as long as the readers remember to become fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment