Friday 26 March 2010

The joy of podcasts

This Thing was great! I have subscribed to the feeds of a couple of podcasts, a couple from the BBC and one from Podcast.com, on which I found an amazing series dedicated to discussing horror in film, literature, pop culture, mythology and legend. It is a little strange to be listening to podcasts in the library, even though I listen to music when I am shelving; perhaps it is the length of time of some of the podcasts, and the fact that I am actually sat at my desk, which makes me feel like a slacker! I think this is a great way to inform students about library developments/innovations, especially as they can download things to suit them, rather than having to make timed slots for courses etc. All in all, I was very impressed with this Thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment