Friday 5 February 2010

RSS feeds and the reign of confusion!

Well, I have done my Things 5 and 6, and I have to say that I found this bit the most confusing so far, which was a shock as I was expecting it to be very simple. I started off quite well, as subscribing to the 23 Things blog was easy enough, and I was away. I then subscribed to the blogs of a couple of fellow '23 Thing-ers' and they had the orange button, so that was fine. Then I wanted to add some more sites, and the process became more complicated, as I was able to paste the url into the reader, but for some reason at first, the url wouldn't take and I wasn't subscribed. I have now managed to add 6 RSS feeds after playing around with different sites and finding various ways of subscribing, so I feel like I have learned something. I also got bored with one and found out how to unsubscribe as well, thanks to the very simple help page on Google reader! It has been a sobering week because even though I am a bit of a technophobe, I assumed that I would be mastering things like this very easily and quickly, and I have actually had to put some work and concentration into it. I think next week I will be a bit more humble!!

No comments:

Post a Comment